View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 06:05 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Becca,

Pain is exhausting. It really does wear the body out. Add in any mobility problems and every day activities like bathing or making breakfast can require 5 times the normal effort. You and Catra are superheroes doing what you need to each day for yourself and your family.

I think it easier for us to get under the weather when our bodies are already dealing with a lot. Changes in environmental conditions, stress, allergens, etc can take a toll. And people commonly feel stressed during this time of year which can contribute too. Extra activities, expenses, family visits, overnight guests, trying to make everything wonderful...that all takes a lot of work.

Fatigue is not unusual with a chronic condition. I hope that you are giving yourself credit for all you do and are able to build in extra rest time without guilting yourself for giving your body the rest it needs. I hope too that you're not doing too much and are asking for enough help when you need it. I am notorious for not asking for assistance, doing too much and then paying for it, so I am poorly qualified to give this particular advice but I'm certain it's a good idea.

If you don't feel more energized after the holidays wind down you might talk to your doctor. For all you know you could be nursing a low level infection, be anemic or something else. A couple of blood tests would let you know.

I hope you feel better soon,

what is going on with your foot btw? Did the stress fracture improve?

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (12-31-2016), catra121 (12-30-2016), ger715 (12-31-2016), graavan (01-05-2017), RSD ME (12-30-2016), Shay08 (01-06-2017), St George 2013 (01-04-2017)