View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 12:28 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Angry Anyone still on this forum?

I have had MP since Feb of 2013. It started with you a patch of numbness on my right later thigh, I was a complete gym nut for over 20 years. I was still working out with the numbness. Then I started getting occasional pain while walking. I have read that repetitive motion of the legs can cause Mp. I jogged and used a bike a lot. One hour at least of hard core cardio and over an hour of weights. I really think this caused my Mp and I also used to take kick boxing classes, Well the pain got so bad and was diagnosed with Mp. I can no longer excercise and just going to the supermarket is hell on earth, Lately just household chores is getting bad and I live in a 2 bedroom condo(1200 sq ft). I am on 2,700 mg of gabapentin and 1 and a half of 7.5 mg of hydrocodone at night, plus Xanax to sleep and 2 lidocaine patches. I have had 3 ultrasound guided nerve blocks which lasted only 2-6 hours each also. Oh and the joys of gabapentin caused a weight gain of 49 lbs. I was just also diagnosed last month with type 2 diabetes, no doubt, genetic, the weight gain and lack of excersise. I am scared for the surgery and I don't know if my insurance would help to pay. Any suggestions? And, is Hopeless still around?
santatecla is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote