View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 06:18 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hope you're feeling better now, I suffer from it at least once a month, my arches just fall and I feel completely crippled for a few days as every step I take is painful. But I have found tennis balls to be my bestest friends. One of the very few things I've been able to take away from PT that doesn't cripple me further. But its really easy and feels sooooo good, you just place the tennis ball on the floor, put your foot over it and roll it around with the bottom of your foot making sure you're massaging the arches of the foot as you do so. A nice epsom salt foot soak helps a lot too.

But yes, the less walking around you do while it's bothering you the quicker it will heal up. Basically you're stepping on and bruising with each step the soft tissues in bottom of your foot. So rather like any other bruise the more pressure you apply to it and the more you hit it, the longer it's going to take to heal up. Massage, soak and elevate the feet as much as possible for at least the first couple of days and just hope it doesn't become a persistent issue, as it can lead to bone spurs in the heels which creates its own special set of painful problems.
Kitty (01-01-2017)