Thread: Pentoxifyllin
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 12:24 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
NYM,

Geez, let's hope if it's something more rare it at least has a more definitive treatment. I'm not arguing with your doctor of course but there are movement disorders associated with CRPS. We actually have a member whose primary symptoms are motor related.

Movement disorders in complex regional pain syndrome. - PubMed - NCBI

That said, you know I am a huge fan of an adequate workup. It is always good to have information. I don't know/remember how you ended up with CRPS or what was done to rule out other problems. Nerve conduction studies and imaging can be quite helpful. A fresh set of eyes on your case from a new perspective could make a difference for you.

I'm with Sophie on the ketamine cream. My topical has it and it's less than $200.

I hope that taking this new direction gives you information that is helpful. Turning over a few more stones is not such a bad idea. Please let us know what happens. It would be wonderful if this opens another door to healing.
That's what I was thinking as well! If more options are made available in regards to treatment, maybe going down this path wouldn't be such a bad idea. On the medication I originally asked about, I never brought it up with my doc because of being put on Baclofen for my spasms. It's hasn't helped so far, as I expected and maybe I'll add it if I get rid of this one. As you also mentioned, I don't see why I can't have a movement disorder AND CRPS. I read a study that 1/4 of RSD patients obtain it along the way. I don't know which one I have or if I even have one but I'm just trying to optimistic that I'm diagnosed with something more drastic like p's disease as I'm supposed to be too young to have it, even though there's early onset of it. Some symptoms do match like tremors and I find myself thinking way too much to complete even the simplest tasks, as well as bending my back when I walk and a lot of tingling in my hands but I rather not.
newyorkmets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (01-02-2017), RSD ME (01-05-2017)