Thread: another one?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 04:14 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

The first thing to do is not look for symptoms. With PCS and the anxiety that can result, if one looks for symptoms or tries to define symptoms after a startling event, any symptom can become greatly magnified.

If at the time of the sudden stop, you immediately thought about concussion issues, you conditioned your mind to look for symptoms. Bumps and jerks happen. Life goes on.

Personally, I know these events will happen, including head bumps and such. I know I cannot stop them from happening so I use reasonable behavioral precautions (helmet when skiing, no high risk activities) and I get on with my life. When they happen, I expect I might have some symptoms but that they will pass so I just keep moving on. I might need a quiet day after a loud event or other stressful activity but I don't focus on it. I just slow down a bit and move forward.

I've lived with this for 16 years. Reacting does not change anything.

I read a quote the other day. Worrying does not accomplish anything except give your mind something to do. The same can be said about focusing on PCS symptoms.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote