View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 07:59 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskari85 View Post
I have autoimmune mediated SFN and lately my legs are bothering me A LOT. They tingle like crazy and they are also on fire burning. And not even a sensation of burning like the brain is filling in a feeling because the pathway is distorted, like actual hot-to-the-touch, melting an icepack, kind of burning. I've had several people feel my leg and they all agree it is very hot to the touch, like what a fever feels like on your forehead.

This is happening mainly in the evening and on the tops of the thighs and downward toward my hips. Does this sound like a small fiber neuropathy issue or more of a long-fiber nerve problem like an entrapment or something? It is on both sides. I've thought about maybe RLS, which is also neurological. I also have the chills when this happens and I feel sick to my stomach. Every single night.

If anybody could point me in the right direction or tell me if neuropathy can be actual burning, I'd appreciate it. I'm seeing a new neurologist in a few weeks but I thought I'd ask you knowledgeable people first!
I get this and the front of my thighs are where the worst burning is. It happens at night. Feels like I'm too close to the campfire. When I'm really bad, it will go up and around my back, but mostly it stays on my thighs. It's worse some days than others. I usually get it to calm down by putting cold lotion all over from the waist down. Sometimes I use mag/lavender lotion and other times I use cvs brand after sun aloe with lidocaine. Yes the burning feeling is part of the nerve damage of sfn. Do your thighs also feel like they are bruised if something gently touches you? I can even have people sit too closely to me because the pain from the pressure of one of their body parts is so painful.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (01-03-2017)