View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 10:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My Life and the Bibilcal 'Job'

This is truly a vent (and a prayer)- ignore it, if you get bored........

God and Satan came to a bet, and 'Job' was the object (remember?).
Everything Job did, was turned against him.
He was plagued medically (boils & other stuff).
Everything went wrong- to test his faith.

I'm not an extremely religious man. I'm kinda the average,
middle class only on holidays, and funerals, and weddings -
go to temple, kinda guy.
Faith isn't something that needs to be tested as I truly believe
in my faith, but am not religiously adamant - not (my family never was) orthodox in my practice.

Lately, everything I do, turns to **** ! (ca-ca if this is edited).

I try to hurry to do my job (I charge by the hour and am expected to be swift), and fall down getting from one place to another on new construction sites (minor fall again yesterday, just banged my knee a bit),. Didn't tell my wife. All she does, is ask if I put ice on it.
I think its my new glasses/bifocals.
I don't seem to be able to adjust to them yet. (If you've ever worn bi-focals, you know you can't see curbs and steps and the tips of your toes when you are getting used to them). When I get slightly off balance, I cant correct cause of the PN.
I don't think a carpenter, a mason, an electrician, or a locksmith would look very competent using a cane, carrying power tools and tool kits around.
My hands drop things (like a hammer on my foot). I put things down while working, with tools all around, drills, drill bits, chisels, hammers, tool boxes, screwdrivers, and especially parts.
And I go to pick them up, & I can't find them -spend lost time just trying to find things I've put down- all around me.
My manual dexterity is slowly getting worse and it takes me longer to do things, and some things I cannot do at all- as I once could do, with ease.

My service van stranded me last week and I towed it to the mechanic -that I've been using for 15 years, & he replaced the battery. Its in the shop again today (I'm dead in the water as a service today) - alternator, distributor or, who knows?. (how much $$? - who knows?)

I'm paying rent on 2 stores, trying to get a new shop ready to move into, because I've lost my lease after 27 years-new slum landlord won't give me anything in writing- my business is on 30 day verbal rent, and the rent has been raised - twice- in one year.
Every day that I'm not hurting too much, I go to the new store and patch and hammer and move things and try to get it ready to put in a new flooring, paint, put up signs (sign painter/maker isn't getting the design right).
I hurt every day at night and wake up feeling not much better and push to get thru another day.
If it weren't for my Soc, Sec. checks, I couldn't afford to do it.
Money is flowing out at 3 x the rate its coming in.

There's more, but I'm getting depressed venting..........can't continue....

Why me..... Lord? What have I done to deserve this..... and PN too?
Cut me a break.......please !! I'm really trying hard to do what's right to earn a living, can't afford to retire, and have to move after 27 years in the same location.
Can't I get a little help in the way of not having everything be so hard to get done, and so hard for me to do?
Can't the brick walls I've run into disappear?

I'm grateful my quadriplegic son is progressing with his therapy,
but what is it now........my turn? Am I gonna get hit by a truck
while trying to cross the street?
One broken neck and wheelchair bound in the family, is enough......please! Can't you stop getting in my way?
Let me have some little success..... please!
Am trying hard, I really am. Gimmee a break, the pain is enough & I'm continuing to work thru it. Let it happen.... without any more interference.
I'm pleading with you.