View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 12:36 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAT52 View Post
This is so similar to what I experience nightly that it's almost a joy to read your description - awful as it is that someone else is going through such similar stuff as me. I too have these sharp intakes that wake me, severe palpitations and presently, bad SFN pain throughout my peripheries. I don't get the lightening bolt pain anymore though at least - used to hate that. I do get muscle or nerve twitching spasms in random parts of my body that can go on for hours. The other night the sole of my right foot started to vibrate and there was same twitching under the skin. It often effects a buttock or an elbow or a muscle or nerve directly above my right eye in my forehead. It's not painful but it is very disconcerting and again, it affects my sleep.

My nose is often dry and inflamed too but I do breathe through it rather than through my mouth because I'm a serious bruxist who apparently grinds away her nights. I'm on my third bespoke mouthguard in two years now. Yes I sometimes take antihistame to help me sleep and breathe through nose better. But this worsens the sicca so I try to pace it carefully and only take one a few times a week.

The neuro thinks I have mild ganglionopathy relating to Sjogrens but she doesn't seem to think the awful leaden limb fatigue is related to this or the SFN. It was my first truly weird symptom, predating the RA type pain by a year or two so I've had this limb fatigue for about seven years now - getting slowly worse. I use pillows to prop up my arms and legs but it's like carrying too heavy a burden to lift?

It's got really bad lately and my neurologist says think my Sjogrens would not explain it. Maybe it's vaso spasms from secondary Raynauds, as a previous CTD professor explained it, but I get no visible colour changes if so.

So you think it's all part of autonomic neuropathy with you and your neurologist confirms this too? Mine says there are no tests she can do to confirm ganglionopathy or my SFN (she won't repeat the skin biopsies - which were negative a few years ago) but she's prepared to go by my description alone. She says there is no other way to monitor it than to be guided by me. She is very anti medications apart from Pregabalin - which I refuse to try.

I find this lack of evidence for presumed diagnosises troubling but that's where I am at as can't afford to seek private assessments.
haha, I'm a grinder too. The antihistamines help my nostrils too, but also dry me out. The more I talk to you, the more I think the SS is probably part of my deal. I get the ridiculous twitches as well and have raynauds. Do you have orthostatic intolerance? My neurologists don't know what to really say about half of my symptoms besides that "it is all part of the neuropathy". They just add it to their notes to look like they are doing something when they dont really know what to do. I am also not on any daily meds. I did have to take 1/2 of a diazepam last night to help with my miserable muscle crap, and as much as I hate it... it saves me from horrific cycles of pain and autonomic problems that get out of control. It also helps with the burning pain. It turns out that it does something to mast cells.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote