View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 08:12 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

That was a good link Mari, thank you.

I hit google looking for information about how they treat stroke irritability vs. irritability due to depression, but I couldn't find a single link that would be helpful. There are old studies out there that suggest that SSRIs like Prozac are beneficial though.

An article in the UK suggested patients with emotional changes like irritability should see neuropsychologists for evaluation and treatment, which I think may be worthwhile…

During neuropsychological testing, the doctor uses tests to determine what your particular problems are (such as the irritability and memory problems), and tries to determine what the causes are. Then he/she tries to come up with a plan to help you address the issues. They don't prescribe meds, but can help point you in the right direction. This is particularly helpful if you have more than one issue (the stroke and bipolar disorder) causing you problems.

I don't know if it's something that your neurologist would agree would be beneficial or not though. I've been through it twice, and while it was interesting, it wasn't helpful.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-05-2017), Dmom3005 (01-04-2017), Mari (01-04-2017), mymorgy (01-04-2017)