View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 08:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

That is pretty amazing how different we are. I'm trying to detect if lower salt intake makes me feel any better, but I can't say that I've noticed anything to date. I just know that overdoing it is really, really bad.

I've ordered an exome test and am going give the sodium channel genes a good going over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthgirl View Post
This just goes to show the difference in how different the metabolic problems associated with nerve damage are despite how similar the symptoms are. Low sodium diet would probably kill me. The amount of salt I have to consume to keep my blood pressure in the (still to low) normal range is embarrassing. I have to eat it, and chug electrolyte tabs. Today I had a spinach chia protein smoothie for breakfast and I'm already crashing due to the fact that I had no salt. Feel terrible. I literally have found that I feel better after a pile of chips over a low sodium grilled chicken salad, so I've learned how to use that salt shaker. My doctor says I should be on 10-20g of salt a day. It doesn't fix me, but it keeps me off the floor a little longer.
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote