View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 10:25 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Help With Potential Psychogenic Seizure?

This has happened before, but caught me off guard this time given it previously occurred in the middle of a Conversion Disorder/Functional Neurological Disorder episode. Previously assumed it was a catatonic seizure—couldn't move or speak, was just "stuck" where I'd stopped. Had been feeling off when I'd gotten up and the same this time, too. Just hadn't thought of it. Possibly some form of dissociation. I'm not sure.

I just stopped here I was, in the middle off what I was doing. I couldn't speak, I couldn't move. I could just stand/sit there. During the "episode" or whatever the hell it was, I knew what was happening, but looking back on it, it's spotty.

The first was probably three minutes. The second was... I don't know 30 seconds-1 minute and a half. I'm not sure. The second, however, certainly came with rapid eye movements. Very slight muscle twitches. The first, I can't recall. They haven't done any EEGs, but I haven't had many of these, and I'm known for dissociating with diagnosed psychiatric disorders.

I also know that Petit Mal Seizures tend to be much shorter. I'm not sure. I don't know what's going on, but this is two in the last six months. Not many, but there's no history of epilepsy in my family, and I have been diagnosed with a psychogenic neurological disorder.
PatternsInTheIvy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote