View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 10:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I want to thank everyone for there input. It is greatly appreciated. My settlement is not all that great, but it was just to prove a point to the company that they can't just fire someone who gets injured on the job and get away with it all the time. It was never about the money in the first place, I just wanted them to realize what kind of people are out there. That not everyone is just going to shove it under the rug just because they do. I have a disability for life and it is there fault because they did not listen to me when I told them that someone going to get hurt and then it was to late. The settlement that I am going to walk with is just over $28,000 after the attorney takes his share. It is not much but like I said before I just wanted it over. At least I have an open file and the company has to pay for everything that involves my rsd. That is one real good thing out of this since I cannot get health insurance. As far as my husband goes I know he is tired of having to support me, but it is not like I have given up trying to make something of myself. I tried to get another job even if it was part time for about a year and a half after I lost my job. I got denied everytime I tried so I gave that up because it was shoving me further into depression than I already was. That is when I came off the waiting list for voc rehab and started this new journey. I am still trying to make something of myself, but sometimes I feel that is not good enough. What can I do to make myself feel better about things? I don't want my husband to have to feel responsible for me, but I did not ask to get this disease either. He does try to reassure me that he believes that it is the jobs fault for this happening, but sometimes I just feel those are just words that he no longer means. I know here I go again feeling sorry for myself. sorry. I am just stuck and don't know what to do. I also have an 11 yr old daughter to take care of and I sometimes struggle with that because she shouldn't have to deal with a mother that can't do things like I use to. I can tell just by looking at her it gets to her sometimes because she just gets this sad look on her face. She also says things to me like " I wish you could ride bike with me" or "You are hurting again aren't you mom?" If there was anything I could do to take the pain away from her I would. I love her so much and to see her go through this I feel is very unfair. I guess I just don't know how to cope with all of this. It is all so overwhelming. No I don't have a couselor because I just don't know where to turn because I don't have any health insurance to help pay for it. It is just so hard. Sorry if i mess up I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face right now.Sorry for just rambling I jsut don't know what to do. Iam so mixed up with so many emotions right now. I am trying to be tough but it is pretty difficult when it seems that your whole world is crashing in on you. Again thanks for taking the time to read my rambling and giving me suggestions. It helps more than words can say.

Tracy
screwballpookie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote