View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb I certainly understand....

all you seem to be missing now is a visit from the IRS... and I guess I could arrange that! LOLOL (just kidding)

You know I get spells like this. My strength and mobility are much less this year than ever before. Remember the Tim Conway routines on Carol Burnett show?
Well some days are like that for me. I drop stuff, trip going up stairs, a door sprained my arm at work, and I tripped over a tote left on the floor where it shouldn't have been (people laughed at me and although I didn't hit the floor, I pulled my back trying to stay upright). I can trip on a throw rug in minute. I have 3 sets of glasses now...because of the trip factor. I suggest you do a similar thing.

Bob, I am greatly happy for you that your son is better. Perhaps you are feeling a delayed stress reaction to that horrible accident/event?

This year for me was very depressing, and the use of my light visor did help alot. So I do think chronic pain/illness combined with environmental issues leads to depression in older folks like us. I personally am looking forward to the new family of antidepressants, the NK family coming soon. This new target is different from SSRIs that we have now. And will help with chronic pain too.
So there is hope.
http://www.psychiatrist.com/pcc/brainstorm/br6003.htm
I think those with pain induced depression will benefit-- by blocking substance P.

I understand where you are coming from. YOu don't come on here often to vent, like me, and you are a strong person. But we all have our moments, and I am sure everyone here understands. I always use the phrase to myself, "This too shall Pass". And when I am in a funk, I always try to find nice things for myself, as treats..and that helps. Summer is best for me because I can grow things...this is a major therapy for me.

I am removing personal information, because of the "nature" of the internet.

I am leaving for vacation tomorrow, and will be thinking about you, Bob. That you find a way to be kind to yourself, and
manage the frustrating and tiring tasks that we need to do to survive in this world. I don't know if you are taking B-complex, or fish oil, but both of these help me tremendously. Low folate and low DHA are both factors in depression.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 07-14-2007 at 07:51 AM. Reason: removing personal data
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote