View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 11:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh, Tracy, I wish there was something we could do for you!

Who is the Doc treating you for your RSD? Do you have just ONE Doctor that you TRUST? Perhaps this Doctor could refer you to someone for a littl counseling. You see, part of the settlement money that you got COULD be used to pay for some Counseling..not just for you but FAMILY counseling which includes your hubbby and daughter. I think THAT is a heck of a lot more important than some cows having warm water to drink!

After going through quite a similar experience myself, my PTP explained to me that what you are experiencing with your husband is quite common. Men tend to get very very frustrated when confronted with "problems" that THEY CAN'T "FIX". Seems that men have a MUCH more difficult time ADAPTING then we women do...

It is really important for your husband and your daughter to realize that this injury/RSD doe NOT DEFINE YOU as a PERSON. You are STILL LOVING, INTELLIGENT, COMPASSIONATE, and have MANY, MANY other WONDERFUL qualities that is "Tracy"! It is just that SOMETIMES, your body just doesn't "cooperate". It does NOT mean, however that YOU are "worthless", have "nothing to contribute" and so forth. No one has a right to make ANY PERSON FEEL THAT WAY--not even a DISEASE like RSD.

Sounds to me like YOU have QUITE A BIT TO BE PROUD OF! You DID get a VERY nice settlement! You DID take on your employer, AND YOU WON! ANd, YOU kept your household AND the cows RUNNING, in SPITE of the RSD and the stress of litigating your claim SUCCESSFULLY.

WHEW!! I am tired ALREADY just THINKING about ALL the things you have done, ACCOMPLISHED and have TRIED to do to make your situation better.

Maybe when things calm down a bit, you and your hubby will see, and FEEL, things a bit differently.
But in the meanwhile, see if your Doctor can refer you to someone, JUST FOR YOU, Tracy. YOU DESERVE TO BE HAPPY.

Most Respectfully,