View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 05:52 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthgirl View Post
I noticed 3 years ago at 38 that my muscles that were hard firm and shapely began to lose tone despite my intense work out routine. That was when I started experiencing raynauds and autonomic symptoms. Now its been 2 years since I've been able to much besides a senior citizen routine, but I still do what I can. I can tell you that my shape and muscles have changed due to the neuropathy and blood circulation problems every where. I don't know how old you are but I do know that women after the child bearing years can naturally lose their shape and fat distribution on the bottom so there is a hormonal component here too. Have you been to an endocrinologist?
Thanks Health girl. I'm 37. I had my son 4 years ago and all hell broke lose not long thereafter. I originally put it down to changes following childbirth but my body went right back to normal. Then I got sick as anything, and I Sfn kicked in and then these changes became evident and have just continued to progress. I haven't seen an endo. I've had my thyroid tested numerous times. It really is bizarre to see the structural change. I also can't sit on my bum without a pillow or cushion. This has progressed significantly.
Im losing fat padding or muscle in select places where the Sfn is particularly bad, like my bum cheeks. I don't know if I will ever get answers if a biopsy comes back clear. If your issues aren't directly the muscles then I'd guess like me the autoimmune process is doing something to tissues padding parts of the body.
I also live like an old age pensioner these days
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote