View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 08:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It is weird. Yesterday I had the myoclonic seizures almost all day long (the positive ones where I jerk, mostly my arms, but also my trunk).

Today, almost no seizures at all. What's with this? I've been having these seizures since early summer, and they seem to be progressing. Except today, nada.

I know nothing about epilepsy, but my Neurologist and his PA keep calling this epileptic seizures. I guess I thought epileptic seizures were like totally consuming events.

When I have a negative seizure and collapse on the floor, that is pretty major, but not disorienting. I mean I don't lose consciousness.

I even have these seizures in my Eustachian tube. The muscles in the Eustachian tube (yep, there are muscles there) contract and cause a series of 'clicks' in my ear.

So far the Depakote I'm taking (1250 mg/day) isn't stopping the seizures, which is why I'm taking the Depakote.

I also take Gabapentin (1600 mg/day) for relief from the pain, stinging, itching, burning, etc. of damaged nerves in my skin. It works really well.

The damaged nerves condition is called small fiber neuropathy.

Hugs, ElaineD
ElaineD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote