View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 01:28 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoannaP79 View Post
Thanks Health girl. I'm 37. I had my son 4 years ago and all hell broke lose not long thereafter. I originally put it down to changes following childbirth but my body went right back to normal. Then I got sick as anything, and I Sfn kicked in and then these changes became evident and have just continued to progress. I haven't seen an endo. I've had my thyroid tested numerous times. It really is bizarre to see the structural change. I also can't sit on my bum without a pillow or cushion. This has progressed significantly.
Im losing fat padding or muscle in select places where the Sfn is particularly bad, like my bum cheeks. I don't know if I will ever get answers if a biopsy comes back clear. If your issues aren't directly the muscles then I'd guess like me the autoimmune process is doing something to tissues padding parts of the body.
I also live like an old age pensioner these days

I am reading and finding some information on tethered cord syndrome that can present in adulthood. Pretty interesting and looks like it could relate to some of us. Also, it can cause atrophy in the butt and legs. You've probably discovered this, but its new to me, so I figured I'd mention it as I continue my research.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote