View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 06:12 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Yippee they didn't keep me for the whole 3 days. But the DH did something of a rush job for putting inngrab bars that we were going to install anyways, and I'm stuck wearing an eye patch for now over my left eye so it doesn't make me sick. Hoping I won't have to bring the wheelchair into the house, but it's not looking especially good right now.i feel like a newborn deer every time I try to stand and walk to the bathroom. I need to call the neuro first thing in the morning to see if I can get in to see him sooner than march and regardless I need to follow up with my pcp on the 23rd for an appt I already had.

But the good news is, after doing the imaging of my brain and spine in every conceivable way, the steroids that I can't take probably wouldn't have done any good anyways. The flare is a decidedly new patch of plaque in the brain, but the "actitivy" of it had already passed so steroids wouldn't have helped much to prevent further damage. It was the MS version of a hit and run . All told the neuros at the hospital seemed to think I was doing quite well, considering length of the time from my diagnosis and my current lesion load which has remained largely unchanged until this latest episode.

Unfortunately for me though is that this means my dx might go to secondary progressive when I meet with my new neuro, and though the hospital docs didn't change my copaxone out for something else, the new neuro might want to as the hospital docs warned. I guess neuros really hate hit and run lesions in the brain. And I also need to make an appointment for an eye doctor which unfortunately insurance won't cover to see what can be done about blocking the seriously messed up vision in my left eye so it will stop making me so sickenedly dizzy.
ger715 (01-08-2017)