View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 10:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear Porkette,

At last I've found you, and your knowledge and wisdom.

1. I will check out the DNA test for finding the right drugs for my seizures.

2. I actually withdrew from and completely stopped the Neurontin for precisely the reason that both Neurontin and Lyrica have a 4% chance of CAUSING Myoclonic seizures. I felt it was worth trying.

However I had had some myoclonic seizures, one negative where I collapsed, and one positive with arm jerking, long before I started the Neurontin. But I thought it was worth a try.

The seizures did not stop when I stopped the Neurontin. And I was in agony from the pain of my skin (it was like being in a cage of fire). Neurontin and Lyrica are the only treatments for my nerve pain and they are essentially alike.

I think two months was long enough to test whether or not Neurontin some how caused the seizures. That and of course the fact that I had had two episodes years before taking Neurontin.

Also, I am so disabled by my PN, and the skin burning is so awful, I would rather take the Neurontin to be free of that pain. I can't drive, and I can't go anywhere alone, I always wear one of those 'alerts' so if I fall (which only happens about once a month) when I'm alone in the house, I can get help.

I will surely try organic coconut oil. Nothing to lose as I'm sure it's good for my skin, too!

Off to look up DNA testing for body chemistry and finding the right medication.

Thanks SO MUCH, Porkette. Do you live in Iowa or North Carolina? Just thinking pigs.

Hugs, ElaineD
ElaineD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote