View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 01:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default This thread ....

absolutely breaks my heart! I never realize how lucky I am until I read some of your stories.

Bob, maybe it's time you quit hurrying. Yes, I know you are expected to be fast. But after all the years you have put in doing your job, they should be paying for your Expertise..not your speed in doing the job. I have an older man coming to repair the leak we have in our roof. I know it's gonna cost. But he has been repairing leaks in metal roofs for almost 20 years and it's going to be done right..not fast. We have put this off as long as we can. The ceiling in the hallway is sagging with all this rain in Texas.

And you are probably right about your glasses. My husband has new bi-focals and since he got them, he has hit his forehead and cut it three times on the car trunk lid while delivering Meals on Wheels. He's in a hurry when he does this because the meals are hot and they need to be delivered as soon as possible.

Are you wearing the progressive bi-focal? I don't have as much problem with the bi-focal falling in a hole feeling since I started wearing those. They seem to be better because they give you the intermediate vision. It took a little while to get used to them but they work better for me.

And for the tool problems you are having (putting them down and not being able to find them)..I make jewelry (which is no real comparison to what you are doing but this helps me) and when I finish with one tool, I place them all to my right side, then I put all the components (clasps, etc) at the head of the working area, etc. You get the idea. I ALWAYS place things in the same order. Then I can find them. I've also had to learn new ways to do things because my hands won't let me do the intricate things the way I used to do. I'm having to learn to let my tools do things for me that my hands used to do. A whole learning curve.

Perhaps the stress of all of your struggles is making the pain worse. A move alone is stressful. I can't even imagine a move combined with everything you are talking about.

Mrs. D..I'm looking forward to your vacation for you. And for me. The pictures will be great.

Bob, I sure hope your God is listening to you. My heart aches for you. You never complain, so I know things aren't good at all.

It's raining again. Everyone pray the ceiling holds until we can get it repaired.
Billye
Silverlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote