View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 07:42 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Newly dx focal seizures

Hi all this is a first post of mine. Sorry for its length.

In October last year (2016) I was dx with "seizure disorder" having had both focal seizures (2013) & then a focal dyscognitive seizure in July 2016. After the fist focal seizure I had an MRI which showed a posterior L temporal lobe lesion (T2 hyperintensity). I wasn't started on any AEDs until the focal dyscognitive, in October I was started on lamotrigine & haven't had any sx since.

I just want to share my experiences of the focal seizures to see if any others have had similar sx as I also have some mental health concerns that I feel may be of relevance (panic disorder & bipolar II).

I was getting ready for work, put my left sock on, not focusing on what I was doing, I repeatedly failed to put my right sock on for unknown reasons. I felt weird, dizzy & I had this burning sensation in my chest/stomach, my heart started racing, I felt panicky & anxious & sweaty & nauseated. I stood up & walked over to the ensuite, I remember thinking where's my right arm? Like I couldn't see it, my right arm was numb/tingling but it was actually tensed & up behind my head. I'm not sure if I was just feeling vague & confused so like scratched my head or something, or the tensing was just anxiety. I felt anxious like something bad was going to happen & walked out to find my partner in the kitchen. I tried to say I felt weird & describe what was happening but I couldn't figure out the words? Like I knew what I wanted to say but couldn't somehow. I kept getting stuck & saying what the f*** repeatedly. I sank to the floor & backed into a corner, the whole house felt weird, like foreign, I had this sense of unreality, like I was in a dream, everything just felt unfamiliar. It all lasted probably 90 seconds. I then regained the ability to speak & thought wow I either just had a TIA or that was one of those weird focal migraine things like that reporter on TV that started speaking gibberish. I wonder if this is more a panic attack?

The focal dyscognitive started the same then apparently I went blank, was staring, lip smacking & picking at my clothes then became lethargic & confused for about 10 minutes after. I don't remember this but woke with a headache.

Anyone had similar experiences?
Wanderlust90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote