View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 02:11 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default New guy, PCS, no support, need help/advice, please

Hello everyone,

I'm a 36 year old man and I suffered a concussion right around Halloween and have been since diagnosed with PCS. For almost three weeks after my accident, I could not speak well--slurred words badly, had trouble communicating thoughts and remembering words (I called eggs "chicken bullets", guys).
I lost my job. Was told I needed to go to a concussion clinic by my doctor, but my speaking improved enough that I started a new job. Now I'm suffering terribly. Terrible headaches nearly constantly, I can't sleep, I hear things at night, I can't concentrate, can't read, I'm tired all the time, I can't go out, I'm never hungry, I'm doing horrible at my job because it's complex and I just can't remember everything I'm supposed to do. I'm irritable, anxious, depressed, I cry all the time (I -never- cried before).
I know I need help but...I'm also single, I live alone. If I don't work...I'll be homeless, and because of work, I can't get into the concussion clinic, and I'm not able to rest my brain like I know I should be doing.
I'm just...really loosing it.
Help?
Typesetter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote