View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 06:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Wanderlust90.

What you are describing sounds just like a complex partial seizure and I've had them for over 40 yrs. The feeling you go when things didn't look familiar are called jamius vu and that happens sometimes right before a complex partial seizure. The blanking out, smacking lip, wandering around and pulling at your clothing is all part of the complex parital seizure also.
My advice to you is to have your family Dr. refer you to see a Epileptologist these Drs. specialize in epilepsy and can figure out the cause of the seizure and keep you on the least amount of med. Try taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day for adult and cut back on the starch and carbs. I have found that taking Diamox, mysoline and vimpat have helped me the most to reduce my seizures. Also stay away from anything with nutra sweet because the nutra sweet causes more electrical activity in the brain which can trigger seizures for some people.
I also have temporal lobe epilepsy but its on the right side. The next time you get that weird feeling tighten up all the muscle in your body and make your hands into fists for a few seconds by doing this you can sometimes stop the seizure. I learned about this back in the 1970's from the neuro I had and it has stopped many seizures. Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote