View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 06:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryW View Post
I have read nothing but positive things about zonisamide in PD. I am still mystified about why this isn't being prescribed. I can only presume that it is because it is off patent and available as a generic so drug reps are not pushing it or even just informing neuros of its benefit in PD. It doesn't come up as a treatment option on a search for PD therapies so unless you run across it by accident you are not likely to prescribe it or even know about it.

Has anyone had their doctor suggest it or prescribe it? I am seeing my MDS this week and will see if she is willing to give it a try.
MY MDS was not familiar with zonisamide in PD. She is unwilling to prescribe it as it is too far off label. I sent her links to the information so maybe she will change her mind.
Born 1948. Diagnosed 2011. DBS ON 7/17. Taking cd/ld 200 MG at 6 am, 9 am, 12 pm, 3 pm, 6 pm and 9 pm. Finasteride 5 mg, Life Extension Mix and Once-Daily Health Booster, Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with BioPQQ, Optimized Curcumin (longvida), Triple Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract with Resveratrol, Vectomega-3, Vit D3 5000U,Lithium orotate 5 mg, AMPK Activator, Kefiran, N-Acetyl-L- Cysteine (NAC), Tri-Magnesium, Advanced NeuroPro, Duozyme,
Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) Updated 9/21/17.
GerryW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote