View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 07:55 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Yoga's not for me

I do believe the meditation and breathing aspects of yoga can be quite beneficial for PN but really it depends on what causes your PN. If it's structural then I would be really careful as I feel some of the poses can do more harm then good. Many are weight bearing on a joint which can cause issues. Some instructors over emphasize stretching of hips and shoulders. Ligaments overstretched can be tricky to heal and cause issues for the bones they hold together. And then there's the matter of back bending and what that does to the lumbar spine. All this can result in inflammation which is not wanted by any of us.

A lot of trouble can be reduced by vetting your yoga teacher. Certification programs are not created equal. I personally prefer Pilates for safe exercising with a separate meditation and breathing practice.

Some of us flair when overheated, making exercising difficult. I usually fit into this category and it is really a frustration.
hopeful (01-11-2017)