Thread: First Post Here
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 10:37 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Blood work will not rule out a brain bleed. At this point, unless his symptoms increase to include a severe headache and/or loss of motor control and/or slurred speech, a CT Scan looking for a brain bleed is not indicated.

The more important issue is an assessment to help keep track of his improvement so you know how to reintegrate him into school. Pushing him into activities and school can slow his recovery. But, as I've said, he does need mild stimulation to encourage good brain blood flow. I was hoping a concussion clinic would also encourage mild stimulation and give you a secure sense of his condition. The 'close is good enough' primary physician attitude can leave parents feeling at a loss.

I read the McMaster protocol. Odd that it does not mention a month wait. They may be very busy, especially during hockey season. You might want to keep a journal tracking his struggles after any activities. It will be helpful. Don't feel a need to track everything. Just, day to day, good day, bad day, what activities on what days. More than that would be counter-productive.

My best to you both.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote