View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 07:39 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Thumbs up Post concussion syndrome advice HELP

Good morning from the UK

I am a 26 year old male usually fit and well until November 15 last year I had a bump to the head I lifted up from bending down and hit the top of my head on a steel plate around 40mm thick I was wearing a hood so that softened the blow it didn't cut and I wasn't knocked out I was slightly dazed after the knock but felt OK,for around 3 days after I felt really weird not myself so I had a drive to the emergency department at my local hospital to check if everything was OK it was the doctor was very nice she explained that the knock wasn't anything serious I would be better in a few days. I took the information on board and went back to work the next day (I am a structural steel welder by the way) I still felt funny when I went back to work o had a pressure feeling just Infront of were I hit my head sometimes it throbbed other times it was just there if I make any contact with my face it feels worse I have had headaches here and there also along with dizziness. Anyway worked up until Sunday were I had abit of a funny turn I had a panic attack really bad which forced me to the hospital I have a slight history with Aniexty nothing too major though they performed a ct scan it came back clear and the told me I could have PCS. Since then I have been off work not tremdously poorly but not myself at all my symptoms faded over Christmas so j went back to work last week I managed 3 days before having to come home I've been off again since I am so tired all the time and dizzy I don't feel like myself I keep having panic attacks I have been to the doctors 8 times in the past 3 weeks I feel really down my partner is getting stressed because of money and me not being at work I am worried that I will get the sack I no there is no magic pill but will this get better and what can I do to manage the constant feelings? Any help would be appreciated

Kind regards
BrendonD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Skeezyks (01-12-2017)