View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 03:30 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Does this sound like a concussion or anxiety?

Hey all,

So some background. I've had OCD and anxiety since I was little. I was on zoloft for it for years, and I improved to the point where I was able to completely stop it, and everything was under control. However life happened, and I ran into some health problems that kicked off my anxiety and OCD into overdrive. Mainly, I started worrying that every time I bumped my head I would get a concussion. This has been going on for over 6 months.

Anyways, about a week ago a seemingly insignificant event set off this terrible chain of symptoms, and I'm not sure if these are symptoms of a concussion, or simply anxiety. I was itching my nose on a towel by pushing the side of it against the towel when my nose slipped off and hit the hand that was holding the towel. I know it sounds stupid, but I'm very anxious that this may have caused some brain injury from my head stopping against my hand in a twisting motion.

Anyways, I had no noticeable symptoms except for anxiety that night. However, hte next morning I woke up with a bad headache that went away with breakfast but was replaced by nausea. Then the headache returned that night before dinner.

But more importantly is what I experienced in class. Monday was the first day of classes of the new term, and while I still had anxiety going into class, I didn't think it was that bad. However, about 10 minutes into the lesson I began to get that anxious feeling I usually get before giving a presentation, and soon began to feel faint. I ended up needing to leave the class early because I was scared I was going to faint. Then yesterday, in the second class of the semester I began to experience the same sensation, but it died down before it got to the point where I needed to leave.

And now I constantly don't feel as alert, and I feel groggy. Is it possible that that little hit caused all of these symptoms, or is it more likely that this is all anxiety?

Thanks for any input!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Skeezyks (01-13-2017)