View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 05:02 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Thank you for the reply mark I appreciate it sorry I didn't make to much sense I will try and word it a little better

Nov 15
When I hit my head I was wearing a hooded jumper thin cotton I raised myself up from picking something from the floor and on my way up I hit my head it stopped me from standing up I hit it on a steel plate which was attached to a beam the plate was 40mm thick.

Straight after impact I just felt dazed and in a great amount of pain I did not black out I felt ok just very sore

After a few days I started to feel strange and off balance and rather dizzy when I sat down or lay down my symptoms would go. I went up to the hospital and the doctor gave me a quick examination and basically said I'll get back to normal in a couple of days rest.

I didn't rest and carried on as normal at work I couldn't really focus and I felt really ill not myself at all off balance slightly dizzy feeling sick and a god awful feeling in my head like a pressure spot it wasn't tender to touch but I feel a sensation there, sometimes it throbs other times it's just there like a nerve - if I touch my face on the left side I can feel it on the spot on the top of my head (sorry it's quite hard to get explain).

So 8 days after the injury I went back to the hospital I was very worried and all the bad google searches got me very concerned they gave me a ct scan told me it was all clear gave me a information sheet regarding pcs and sent me on my way.

Since then I have had all of the symptoms stated above every day for the past 8 weeks making it hard to work and do normal things I can honestly say I do not feel myself at all!

After the hospital I got told to follow up with my doctor and He told me that I will be ok in around 5-6 weeks take some time off work. I took 3 weeks off pretty much did nothing still the same went back to work for 2 weeks really struggled, I used to work 12.5 a day no problem I couldn't even manage my basic 7.5 hour day I was going home early taking long toilet brakes getting into a state of panic thinking I was going to faint.
It was horrible I broke up from work for the Christmas break and whilst I was off work the symptoms died down a little bit I felt about 75% which was really good.

Then the Sunday the 1st of Jan the day before I went back to work my symptoms returned bad I managed 3 days of work then last Friday I got sent home because I was in a bad way really dizzy bad headache genuinely unwell so I went to the doctors - I seen a different doctor and she prescribed me 50mg of sertraline anti depressant tablets - for my anxiety I took one tablet and it was harrendous I had all the side effects and it took me off my feet even worse

I went back I the doctors this Monday just gone and she told me to stop taking them because of the reaction and told me that I have to go for blood test to check my vitamin D levels and thyroid.

This got me even more confused my symptoms from my injury are
Dizziness
Off balance
Headaches on and off
Pressure feeling/nerve
Anixety (not as bad as it was in the first 6 weeks)
Head fog
Fatigue
Not feeling myself

I previously haven't done anything regarding my aniexty because it's not been a huge problem it's more health aniexty like a hypercondriac it's embarrassing I know like if I read something in a magazine I think I've got it sort of thing.

But with this the sensations what I am feeling are making me anixuous about them it's like a circle and it's not a nice one

I know it's only been 8 weeks and people say useually 12 but I have a little family and a house to run and whilst I am off work I do not get paid at all so another 4 weeks I'll be in a bit of a bad situation I am really desperate for advise of what to do and if there is any coping advice of recovery or anythin to help me

Sorry if I have not made much sense I don't useually do a lot of writing

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and re post it I appreciate it!!
BrendonD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote