View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 08:28 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

So basically, you just had a fabric hood, not a welding hood or such. A fabric hood was a distraction and you said it cushioned the impact. Was it just a welder's cap/ It has no meaning in this situation. It is the same as if you had nothing on your head and hit a solid object.

Now, I can understand how hard you hit your head. Ouch. I did that 20 years ago under a wood beam.

You would be well to start the vitamin regimen listed at the top in the Vitamin sticky, especially the B-12, D-3, fish oil, Magnesium/calcium, folic acid (a B-50 Complex includes this)

Did you celebrate the New Year ?

You should contact an Accident at Work Compensation solicitor just to make sure you are doing everything to protect yourself and your family. You should be able to recover your lost wages.

You need to work at keeping stress low and avoiding anxiety triggers. Anxiety will make your recovery longer. You should keep your mind active with low stress activities so you do not get focused on anxious thoughts.

Try to maintain straight head and neck posture when you sleep or rest. Head impacts often include a subtle injury/strain to the upper neck that can make symptoms worse.

When you return to work, you should insist on wearing a hard hat when you are not wearing a welder's face shield. There are hard hat welder shield combinations. I'm surprised you weren't. In the US, hard hats would be mandatory due to safety regulations.

So, take it slow. Stay mildly active for good blood flow and distraction from your symptoms. You will improve with time.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote