View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 09:42 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
Hi bddouglas,

I am very sorry to hear your Daughter has NMO, how difficult for both of you

An excellent resource for NMO is The Guthy-Jackson Charitable Foundation. They do have a forum which will enable you and/or daughter to talk to others with NMO. Home - The Guthy-Jackson Charitable Foundation

I know just a very little about NMO and that little bit is with NMO it's important to be treated with steroids. There is a blood test for NMO, a negative does not rule out NMO but a positive means NMO.
Unfortunately, when they tried solumedrol infusions, she had adverse reactions to them. The next steps I am taking will be to help her with disability and every resource available to help her towards her indepence. The medical part is in the doctors' hands, I can't allow myself to stress over that part. Thank you for the information, I haven't found much online. I am going to check it out now. I know our neurologist says it is extremely rare that I have MS and my daughter has NMO. I just think, "Go figure, my mom was raised on the Love Canal in Niagara Falls in the 40's & 50's, it could be a whole lot worse."
bddouglas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Snoopy (01-14-2017)