View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 10:20 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Gamma globulin and further test results

A while back I started a thread(maybe should have put this information in that thread) with questions regarding my gamma globulin score which came back 0.6L. The bloodwork was ordered by my neurologist. I know that Enbloc and Kiwi 33 suggested getting possible further testing.
I saw my neurologist only for the second time last week to get a skin punch biopsy. I mentioned this to him and he said it could be discussed on Jan 26 when I see him/I got the impression he hadn't looked at the results yet (skin biopsy, Athena bloodwork and the other bloodwork will be discussed).
I didn't want to delay this so I saw an immunologist who did further testing. I saw my results online and her office called me yesterday to schedule a f/u appointment.
She tested my immunoglobulins. Immunoglobulin A=108 (range 81-463) however my immunoglobulin G = 617L (range 694-1618) immunoglobulin M = 11L (range 48-271).
My SFN is really effecting just about every inch of my body (the worst is in my feet and handsH however it can vary from day to day. I'm not sure, but something seems to be going wrong with my immune system? I have been relatively healthy for the past 4+decades and I am wondering WTH is happening.

I just wondered if anybody had any input into this newest bloodwork. I think Enbloc had suggested my next step would be a rheumatologist. SHould I wait to see the neurologist or should I just go ahead and make an appointment with one.
ANd I guess I am also looking for guidance...when all the test results are in, who is really the doctor I should use for ongoing care? I know the neurologist is recommending a10 day ketamine infusion however now I am not sure if that is the right direction. ALso, I have been supplementing with alpha lipoid acid and some other supplements.. would they still be helpful if my immune system is the possible cause of the SFN??
Lastly, I really have been having a hard time with depression with some days not even looking forward to getting up to wondering what is the point of it all? I don't know but I just don't feel hopeful about all of this.
Anyway sorry for the long post plus the added stuff about my mood...I'm just super worried about losing my job, my medical benefits and income..I have to be back by the end of February and I don't have much of a choice right financially..but to go back and tough it out

Last edited by Sophie0513; 01-13-2017 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Remove wording
Sophie0513 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (03-09-2017)