View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 12:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Sophie. I can't really speak to your test results because I'm pretty new to this world of autoimmunity myself, but I also have autoimmune mediated SFN. I have rheumatoid arthritis (seropositive) and a positive ANA - which is the only reason I know with any certainty that my immune system is attacking me and therefore I have a somewhat clear reason for my neuropathy. I am going through all of the same questions you are, trying to figure out the right care to seek, the right treatment route, the best way to handle all of this.

I wanted to reply to you because I understand 100% your depression and I am experiencing it myself. I'm 31 years old and most of the time I feel like my life is over. It's very, very hard and it's difficult to find anybody in my "real life" that truly understands. I sit here often and wonder about my future and where I'll end up and I feel really sad about it. It's a devastating thing to feel so out of control over your own life and body. I honestly just sit here sometimes and cry. Other times I sit here and try to somehow convince myself that this is real and actually happening to me because it feels like a bad dream or something. It's a very hard thing to go through and I hate that ANYBODY goes through it, but I just wanted you to know that you're not alone.

I want to tell you to hang in there and never stop trying. All you can do is be proactive and ask questions and research and learn the most you can about your condition. Autoimmunity is such a complex situation and I have started figuring out that it's a big mystery in medicine. There are, of course, different approaches to autoimmunity: the western medicine route and the functional medicine route. I say try both approaches. Have you done any long-term elimination diets or followed any "autoimmune fixes" by attempting to repair the gut? There are several different books on the subject. Have you tried eliminating gluten? I know celiac can manifest in a neurological way where you don't necessarily have blood markers. I'm at a point of trying everything.

I'm sure more knowledgable people will chime in about your immunoglobulin tests. I just wanted to reach out so that you know you're not alone in what you're going through. I try to keep a shred of hope alive even though it can be challenging to do so. Hang in there.
mskari85 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sophie0513 (01-13-2017), St George 2013 (03-09-2017)