View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 07:29 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default thank you Kiwi 33

I didn't know there was a difference between a clinical immunologist and an immunologist...I just checked my health insurance plan and I don't see clinical..so when I see the immunologist I will see what she recommends and than talk to her about further testing etc...So I guess I should find a rheumatologist next...
Thank you again Kiwi..hope 2017 is off to a good start for you..thanks for reaching out and sharing your knowledge!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi33 View Post
Sophie, your IgA level is within the normal range but your IgG level is on the low side and your IgM level is very low.

There are many possible explanations for this, including auto-immune diseases (RA and SLE among others) - a rheumatologist should be able to help with this.

I think that it would also be a good idea if you saw a clinical immunologist. Sometimes it can be useful to measure the levels of each of the four subclasses of IgG (IgG1, IgG2, IgG3 and IgG4) - a clinical immunologist should be able to arrange this and maybe other investigations.

The clinical immunologist should be able to discuss these findings both with you and the rheumatologist.
Sophie0513 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (01-13-2017), St George 2013 (03-09-2017)