View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 09:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm curious, Sue. I'm seeing an epileptologist on the 30th. I am hopeful he can at least find the right combinations of medication that will control or eliminate my seizures.

I hadn't thought of finding the cause. When your epileptologist found the cause did that help him with treatment?

Many of the nerves in my body have been damaged, sometimes to the point of no longer functioning at all, in other cases damaged so that pain, burning and itching results. No reason for this damage has been found (and I've been tested beyond belief for this). My Immunologist postulates that my damaged immune system is actually carrying out attacks on my organs/systems in my body, including the nerves.

So often with the kind of conditions I have, no cause can be found, and few treatments exist. I do have IVIG every four weeks which defends me from infections, and for that I am eternally grateful.

I'll keep you posted on what I find out. I have positive myoclonic seizures, often several times a day, where my left arm and the left side of my body jerk and shake. The negative seizures where I collapse to the floor only happen once a month or so. I don't lose consciousness, I feel no pain or stress, the event happens and then it's done.

I hope this doctor can help to some extent.

Hugs, ElaineD
ElaineD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote