View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 10:12 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Ummm.... I wanna say no comment . But honestly the best way I can put it is I'm fine in spirit but when I comes to the body not so much. I'm using some resistant bands to try and keep my left leg in some kind of shape until I can get in to see the neuro, but he's fully booked up until the 23rd of February . As we all know yeah it's a progressive disease and things will only get worse as time goes by and I've had plenty of time to come to terms with that, so it more annoying than ummm... mentally challenging, that I'm now using my wheelchair in the house about half the day.

But my cousin did come over the day after I left the hospital and helped me get my kitchen arranged so I can get something to eat while the DH is at work or something to drink, and can even get things for the GB in case I'm babysitting her. The new wheelchair I got last year? Or two years ago? Either way, it glides comfortably throughout the house so I still feel comfortable if I have to watch the GB for my SD. Now if only the SD would quit stressing me out, her new leaf lasted 48 hours. She still refuses to actually watch her child, or find a job, or tell the truth, or pretty much do anything that is asked of her short of the immediate request to like grab me a bottle of water so long as she is grabbing one for herself... but that's another story, one which I'm pretty much to the point of ignoring her completely and I just take care of the GB when she needs something. Which is rather sad that the one in a wheelchair with a debilitating disease and well over a decade older is the one who has to take care of the kid while the able bodied younger "adult" is too "overwhelmed" to do it.

But there hasn't been much improvement in regaining any feeling or strength in the left side, though my vision has improved once more, I was sooooo stoked that I got to play video games for the first time in a long while, so yippee!! For improved eye sight. Granted it's a high contrast game, but still, it doesn't make me sick playing it so I'm happy And I'm also finally off the anti-anxiety meds for riding in cars I think I can than the DSD for that since likely my anxiety disappeared because seriously, please let an idiot take me out then if nothing else I might be able to get a break from her while lying unconscious in a hospital bed, so at least some good has come out of this whole thing

And with my cousins moved down here I have plenty of help, including my mother basically camping out at my house every day until the DH gets home. And my dad, and my aunt and uncle, basically I have company over everyday from 9:00 am- 5/6:00 pm and none of them will let me lift a finger, I have to pass the troll's quiz just to go to the restroom, and again on the way back, and if I'm not quick enough I have at least 3 voices outside the door asking if I'm okay now the GB is in on the 'game'.
ger715 (01-14-2017)