View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 04:05 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexaisabel View Post
I've had pcs for 2 1/2 years and its finally gotten so much better. I can live an almost normal life again. I never posted much, but just knowing there were other people who had similar experiences always helped my feelings of isolation so much.

Taking 2 tsp of turmeric every morning helps significantly because turmeric decreases swelling and its effects build up over time. I just started taking 1 tsp of maca powder for brain fatigue and it seems to be working.

Acupuncture helps a lot, but only when I'm treated for symptoms such as anxiety as direct headache treatment provokes them.

And Yoga has helped tremendously because it allowed me to move again. By matching my movement with my breath I could use my body without provoking symptoms. It grounds me when I have to deal with the irrational emotions, the loss of sense of self, the anxiety, and depression. But make sure to find a genuine studio that is about serving people, not about looking good, and a good teacher and start with gentle classes.

I wish you all the best. And remember things do get better, even if sometimes its just that we get better at coping.

Did you experience headaches?
yogaflow01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote