View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 03:23 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Attention More Info on My "Perc" Lead SCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Gunny,
will you be doing a trial on Feb. 3rd. or a permanent implant???. Give us a heads up. The doc offered me another trial; but I declined. You have to be mentally and physically prepared to see this thru. and I wasn't at the time. So I am okay. There are many that find an SCS successful.

There will be a lot of do and don't for several weeks; but if all goes will you be glad you did it. Expectations need to be realistic. Rarely do they go to all areas; but if a majority can be covered and you are in less pain and take less meds;. I call that a success.
We're praying for you Gunny.

Gerry
Based on what I learned from my Pain Management Dr the other day, when i had 30 Trigger Point Injections done (See attached pics) This is what he told me about the Trial:

- It will be "Leads" funneled up my entire Cervical Spine (NOT Paddles!!)
- I will be put under during the Lead insertion - viewed thru Fluoroscopy by the Doc. Then woken up while they activate the SCS Stim to determine if they have the leads in the proper spot - Don't know how he couldnt if its going to cover
C-2 down to C-7, and he will also put a lead down the center line, and another on the right side where the majority of my pain is located.
*Obviously, the main unit will be taped to my back or shoulder during trial.

- After a week using the Pre-Programmed unit, I will give them whatever feedback I have, and hopeful pain relief results too! Then, they can either tweak the SCS Unit - which since my pain is THAT BAD I am sure Id need some extra juice when times are brutal. OR- reposition the leads IF and only IF going forward with the actual Implant will be done permanently. At that time, as you know, the main unit will be placed under the skin of my hip or butt (Unsure) and leads ran up to the Cervical Spine area.

I was always curious if one could obtain things such as massage, chiropractic adjustments, acupuncture, etc AFTER the healing period of final implant?? I have not had any Cervical adjustments done in over 1-2 years since this area is so incredibly sensitive and I didnt wish to risk anything being done to make things worse ya know? Also, the Chiro I see can never seem to adjust my Thoracic areas, nor lumbar areas at all, which is BS since others have in the past. Guess this guy isn't strong enough to really get it since I still seem to have the muscular build I once had in EXTREME form during my tail end in the Marines! FYI - he does those adjustments "Face Up" instead of face down too. My lower back is so tight its unreal and hasn't been "Cracked" in YEARS! Ugh.

So, I do not have the exact model, programs, or anything else yet since this needs to be determined by BOTH the Dr and Medtronics Rep together I guess.
Hope this answers some of your questions Gerry? Additionally, that SCS Spinal Group on Facebook is truly astonishing with pics and stories about so many different people its unreal. Its been a serious learning experience for real. Im actually VERY happy that I am NOT going the "Paddle" route since my Doc explained a Neuro Surgeon would need to do this due to cutting away spinal vertabra bone, and a much larger incision to heal from too! Paddles may bring some benefits, with more risks, thus the Perc Lead procedure is just fine w me for this step in my life! Anyone think otherwise or have anything they wish to add is absolutely free to do so folks! As always, thanks for the support here!

"Gunny"
Gunny Fitz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (07-08-2017), ger715 (01-16-2017), PamelaJune (01-14-2017)