View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 04:36 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Melody

Sorry I can't answer your query from personal experience but I do understand your concern so I googled a few sites to see if what you were experiencing is common. Here's a quote from one site which seems to address the question:

"Swelling

+How long will I have swelling and warmth in the surgical site?

Swelling and warmth around the scar are common after a hip replacement or hip resurfacing operation. The ankle may also swell on the operated leg. This represents the normal process of healing and can last for several weeks to months, depending on factors such as circulation, body weight, diabetes, and other variables.
"

The website it's from has other useful info if you're interested: After Hip Surgery - Dr. Bal Orthopedics | Dr. Bal Orthopedics

Although it discusses hip replacement the after effects are probably similar for repair surgery. Recovery time can be up to 6 mths from what I've read. Hang in there.

The Rehab facility you are in will be monitoring what's happening - if you still have concerns further on or are experiencing any additional symptoms then keep asking about it. Are you scheduled for a post-op consult with the original orthopedic surgeon?

All the best for your continued recovery.
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MelodyL (01-14-2017)