View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 10:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Gunny, I had to make a decision paddles vs percutaneous after I had the initial permanent implant. They encountered difficulty with the procedure and only 1 lead was able to be threaded even though at trial 3 weeks earlier 2 were placed. Anyhow the Nevro rep convinced my PM to proceed with the idea to maybe switch to paddles if the 1 lead yielded no results. After much research and personal experience of previous laminectomies / laminotomies I chose to have the 2nd lead threaded by a different PM (referred to him by then1st PM) & not Have paddles. I still have pain where they removed bone for the 1st procedure done when I was 16 & same with the 2nd procedure done some 15 years later. Sacrum scraping & vertebrae scraping hurts long after the site has healed. Of course thinking about it now, the SCS unit if working effectively would mask that pain (duh) oh well, I'm hoping and praying Gunny percutaneous leads give you some level of control and you can recapture some of your life.
eva5667faliure (07-08-2017), ger715 (01-16-2017), Gunny Fitz (01-14-2017)