View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 10:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

New DDDog arriving tonight. A white German Shepherd & apparently much bigger than Lab DD no.3 who ironically towers over DD Labs no.1 & 2. DD no.2 is the smallest of them all.

Alpha DD no.1 rules the yard with an ice look & bark, his punishment is meted out swiftly if the others don't fall in line. Over the years we have had a number of other dogs who have been trialled and unfortunately not made the grade No.1 has always been one to watch, he looks so sweet & innocent but can turn in the blink of an eye. Not with people - never, but with dogs we've always got to be switched on and alert.

So today I'm readying the back & side yards so the animals can be segregated. DB tells me potential DD no.4 has had NO training at all & no clue over toiletting. Sad that people can get animals and just leave them, this poor animal has had only the 1 owner but been left to his own devices in a backyard & neglected so I'm hopeful for his sake he makes the grade. Often for these DDDogs this is their last chance. DDDog no.3 had 6 owners before us & we got him at only 8 months old. DD no.1 was 11 months old, he had been starved & badly beaten & DD no.2 was 14 months old, he had been hobbled, starved & beaten. I hate people sometimes ...
PS 381 days
ger715 (01-15-2017), kiwi33 (01-15-2017), Wide-O (01-15-2017)