View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 03:47 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Working Out/Exercising

Since my head injury in fall of 2015 I have not been able to lift weights really at all. I thought this was due to my neck as when I bend over I get a pressure sensation behind my left eye and my sinus closes up with pressure behind it too. I have tried to slowly build back into weightlifting by doing push ups, pull ups, and ab workouts, but every time I try to get into a routine I have to back off. My eyes just seem to go crazy from this. After I workout my pupils will dilate and I get a very "spacey" feeling. I pushed it too hard clearly as I have been dealing with really bad vision and this depersonalizing feeling all week. I am not sure if this has to do with intracranial pressure or just blood flow. I can run decent distances as long as I keep my heart rate low, and row a lot as well. I thought Trazodone might be the reason for this inability to workout, but I have gotten down to 10 mg a night and it is still persisting. Any help or ideas are appreciated. I should add that a NUCCA chiropractor hasn't made that much difference for me.
ConcussedEngineer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote