View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 07:43 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Additional question

ENbloc
I just looked up the common symptoms of autoimmune diseases so now I have a better understanding, however I still don't believe that is my issue(although not sure). Both you and Kiwi suggested further testing with a clinical immunologist, however I might have to find one in NY or PA. I will talk to the immunologist who I see this Wednesday.
In order to qualify for IVIG(even if my medical plan would pay for it) would I have to have both CVID and an autoimmune disease?

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
As others have commented, your IgG and IgM are low. I'm not sure why the immunologist that ran the tests hasn't followed up with you about the next step...whether he thinks further testing for CVID is warranted (subclasses, and vaccine tests) or if he thinks you should see a rheumatologist at this point to get his/her input about autoimmune disease (at least 25% of those with AI disease are also immune deficient).

Someone needs to step up tot he plate for you and provide some direction. I wold contact the immunologist and get his opinion and if you have current autoimmune type symptoms, then see a rheumatologist (can't hurt).

Do you know the results of your skin biopsy?
Sophie0513 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ElaineD (01-17-2017), St George 2013 (03-09-2017)