View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 01:14 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Smile

I was on Cymbalta for perhaps a year or so (memory fails me... as usual.) I was on the maximum recommended dosage... 120 mg / day. It was, for me, the best of the antidepressants I ever took. Plus it also helped with some of my chronic physical problems as well. I went off of it when I had to change health insurance plans & the out-of-pocket cost skyrocketed.

When I made the decision to go off of the Cymbalta (actually by that time I had switched over to the generic) I went in to see my psychiatrist in order to get a withdrawl schedule. (In the past, when I'd gone off of antidepressants, I just took myself off.) Anyway, my pdoc suggested a withdrawl schedule that took me from the maximum recommended dosage down to zero over the course of two weeks.

I had read horror stories, on PsychCentral where I am also a member, about trouble members had experienced withdrawing from Cymbalta. So going off of it over the course of 2 weeks seemed very fast. But since that was what my pdoc was recommending, & I had not had any significant difficulties taking myself off of other antidepressants in the past, I decided to go with it. And I really don't recall experiencing any particular problems.

Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ElaineD (01-18-2017)