View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 10:15 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default you can't write this stuff

Ok, wow. I finally have a report and thank God it isn't that my poor cat didn't make it.

I took her last Monday for treatment and picked her up Thursday. The treating clinic told me she looked "sad" before discharge and they didn't know why so they gave her fluids. Ba then got much worse. Total anorexia, severe diarrhea, inflamed intestines, refused all food and eventually even water. I had to take her for sub-q fluids daily and of course more workup. My vet wanted to hospitalize her but I declined feeling she'd do better at home. By this past Sunday she was in such bad shape we thought we we're considering euthansia. My entire household was crying uncontrollably. I syringe fed her in desperation and took her Monday for a steroid shot because everything else had been tried already. She perked up a little and drank on her own and is now improving.

Now the weird part, 3 out of 5 cats treated last week had the same problem. The other two were hospitalized and are now improving at about the same timeline. The clinic has given radio iodine for decades and say they've never seen this. They are in contact with the manufacturer trying to find out if there were other reactions to the same batch. Pretty scary! So for now we don't know what happened or what if anything it means for her future. I am just grateful she is eating and drinking and acting like a cat again. I think she really does have 9 lives! God bless her. I feel so guilty even though no one could've known.

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (01-18-2017), mrsD (01-18-2017), PurpleFoot721 (01-18-2017)