View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 06:43 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Thanks Mark and Bud for the advice, It really has put things into perspective. Now that I've calmed down a bit, I can really see how the stress and anxiety made some of my symptoms feel a lot worse than they perhaps were in reality.

I also went to A&E yesterday afternoon and had a check up from the neurologist, and they've reassured me everything should be fine as long as I relax and don't put too much pressure on myself to recover.

Just to let things take their course, and hopefully in a few weeks it should be fine. It's been a learning experience to say the least. My semantic memory is slowly starting to get better.

Researching everything has always been a habit of mine, and while at times like these can be beneficial it also has the tendency to make things a lot worse. Web MD has been known to make people with the common cold believe they have the bubonic plague after all!

I'm taking time off sparring for a while, and when I fell well enough to return I'll make sure to wear my helmet to every session. I already wear mine during shows, so I might as well do so during training.

I've also remembered this time to break the post up into smaller paragraphs this time, so it should be far more easier to follow than the OP.

I'm also thankful that medical science has advanced vastly since the middle ages - otherwise I'd have had a hand drill being wound into my head.
VincentH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote