View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 03:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Tics//pandas? How can I help her?

Hi, My daughter is 10 years old. She started having tics at 7, first day of 2nd grade. Before this she was the smartest kid in her class, they wanted to have her skip 1st grade, she was always "on the ball"....Since she started having tics she struggles in witting, gets car sick, and is very forgetful.

She started the tics about a month after she had a bad case of scarlet fever!!! They have been mild after that, but now last week she came down with Strep and they have increase 75 %!!!! I am so stressed and depressed cause I want to help her and I can't. It is breaking my heart. Her Tic is eyes rolling up in her head, constantly! She also holds her belly in and out (fast) a lot. The kids are noticing it this week at camp.
I am just waiting for them to get better. I am PRAYING they get better again (mild is fine) before school starts up.

Her DOC just says she had a tic disorder. I think it is pandas but I dont know. I was reading on Plasma exchange, anyone familiar with this?

Also, what food should I take out of her diet, something has to help? Vitamins? Right now she takes Flintstones...Should I stop them?
hermom33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote