View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 11:32 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondaughter View Post
They say necessity is the mother of invention and by its grace sometimes, well, mostly along this path I have stumbled -lately, fallen... a lot (not unlike a drunken sailor--you get the picture....) my way through to discovery of what my body will positively respond to and perhaps even more often....what it will not respond to. The latest of these epiphanies came from the desperation of an inefficient gut...and a very old jar (exp dated 2007) of papaya enzymes tablets that for some reason I never had the heart to discard (and I loathe taking anything that is not fresh).

So, I was surprised when after downing a couple of these with morning med (one half tab sinemet 10/100 + one half teaspoon mucuna powder) there was no dyskinesia. So now I have added drinking papaya leaf tea in the morning and one eighth teaspoon of slippery elm powder and after a couple of weeks of this still feeling a smoother transition inbetween med doses.

Anytime a gentle and inexpensive remedy can help I feel a r esponsibility to share with you all .

Hope this helps - MD
just curious how many times a day you take l-dopa and what exactly do you mean by "TRANSITION", are you going OFF unpredictably? staying ON is a full time job for me now.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eds195 (01-18-2017)