View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 11:47 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default cognitive FX concussion clinic in Utah

Does anyone know about this concussion clinic called Cognitive FX in Provo UT? It seems that they are affiliated with a neurological imaging company called Notus. They have an extensive website describing their services.

Here is my understanding of what they do: They use functional MRI screening coupled with neuropsychological testing to compare patients against a normative population to look for abnormalities in hypo/hyperactivation of certain regions of the brain caused by the concussion. They then employ a series of intense brain exercises to help re-establish pre-traumatic NVC (neurovascular coupling). Their theory is that post concussive symptoms are brought about when the vascular(blood) supply to neurological regions of the brain gets disrupted. Their treatment aims to re-train the vascular system to respond appropriately to neuronal demand through a series of intense brain exercises known to activate those regions respectively.

How these exercises achieve this seem a bit of stretch to me, though they are boasting incredible results in symptomatic improvement across most of their patients. I have a friend who went there. He says he was skeptical at first, but it has totally changed his life as he is now symptom free. All testimonials seem to point to a miraculous recovery at the end of the week of treatment. They have scientific papers published in Behavioral Neurology showing good results for their diagnostic methods and they currently have a paper submitted regarding their treatment results, which is awaiting review I am told. This treatment is expensive and not covered by insurance (roughly $8-10K)

Is this place legit? Are treatment outcomes really this good? looking for some more independent information/views about this clinic.

thanks,
shanebox

I have had concussion symptoms for 2 years. Headache, fatigue, exercise intolerance, and sleep problems
shanebox is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote