View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 12:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Another accident, another post...

This Sunday, I banged my head on a tree branch/stump that was protruding over the sidewalk. I couldn't make this up if I tried. I was looking down as I was walking and bumped my head right into it. There was a one-two inch bump on the back of my head and the pain from the accident subsided within 2-3 days.

I know that I should consider myself lucky as physically my symptoms are tolerable, if not non-existent. I have a minor headache and no feelings of dizziness and nausea, nor was there a loss of consciousness.

However, mentally, I have been struggling mightily. Like my last accident, it is a struggle to wake up in the morning and get ready for work. I have feelings of depression and and I really feel like death right from the moment I wake up to the moment fall asleep. I am afraid that each incident like this causes my memory to deteriorate just a little more and it has been harder for me to focus and be productive at work. I have a hard time following instruction and I am slower to solve complex assignments than before the incident.

I understand that this can be attributed to stress and anxiety that happened immediately following the incident and I have been seeing a therapist to help with this. I also understand that the best medicine is time and that eventually I will reach a point where this doesn't impact my day-to-day thought process. It is still incredibly difficult to keep a positive, optimistic, and grateful mindset when I really just want to curl into a ball and seclude myself from the outside world.

Thank you for listening. I needed to share this with the community You are all extraordinary people and I have all the respect in the world for seeing everyone continue to keep moving despite his/her struggles.

As Mark would say, my best to you,

Islesftw
islesftw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote